1. Lunch out with Mason. It’s always a treat to eat lunch out with my hubby. We try to be budget conscious when we eat out, so usually we go to cheaper places or we try to split a meal. Either way we go, it’s nice to be able to go and have a meal out with a pretty spectacular date.
2. Being mistaken for a professor. I didn’t think I was too dressed up yesterday, but I was mistaken for faculty while sitting in my office working. When I told the guy I was only staff, he replied with, “oh, sorry, you fooled me. I thought you were faculty.” I’m usually mistaken for a student, not faculty! Kinda made me smile.
3. Click ‘n Shop @ the Pig. I’m officially in love! I joke that I have a personal clothing shopper in my cousin Bekki since she works at my all-time favorite clothing store, and now I have a personal shopper at the grocery store! What, you ask? Piggly Wiggly on Devine has recently begun this wonderful service called “Click ‘n Shop.” Basically I shop for my groceries online, place my order for a pickup time of my choice, then on my way to the store I call them and park in the reserved parking space and they deliver them straight to my car. They do charge $5.00/shop for this, but when it saves me an hour (sometimes more) of my week, I’ll pay the $5.00 every other time I shop and have them do the shopping for me. (They give you a credit on every 2nd shop at the Devine Street store.) We pulled in yesterday, picked up the groceries, and went home and unloaded them – grocery shopping in 20 minutes total…now that’s what I call service! (And for those curious ones out there, you can shop off of the weekly add, you can use coupons, and you can also be as picky about your shopping as you’d like as you can add a comment or three per each item on your list.)
4. Hospitality. As much as I hate cleaning my house or cooking, I do love the ministry of hospitality. Mason and I invited our new band director & his lovely wife Brooke over for supper last night following band practice. They live on our side of town and Mason goes to band practice, so it only made since that they should come over for a meal after a hard night’s practice. It’s been a while since I’ve found someone I’ve just met with whom I have so much in common, so it’s been a real treat to get to know Jonathan & Brooke a bit better. And what’s a better way to spend time with others and praise God than through the ministry of hospitality? I’m so blessed to have a home where I can do such things, and I’m so blessed to be able to put food on the table not just for myself but also for my friends.
5. A glass of wine on a Tuesday night. Given our busy schedules with work, school and church ministries, we don’t normally drink except for special occasions and on weekends. It’s not to say that we don’t believe in it, I just have this thing against opening a perfectly good bottle of wine if I can’t finish it in a few days’ time. Since I knew that I wasn’t going to get much done in the way of sermon writing last night given our company, I decided to have myself a glass of wine, relax and enjoy the company. Small treats like this make me happy…that and the chocolate cake for dessert! 🙂