I just love Valentine’s Day although we never do anything “big” to celebrate. Who doesn’t love hearts, reds, pinks, chocolates, love notes, flowers, candies, wine…
Getting into the spirit, I’ve heard of a few gift ideas for you and your sweetie:
1. Shandon Day Spa is running a special for $49.99 that includes about $350.00 worth of goodies. Included in the special is: 30 minute Swedish massage, salt scrub body treatment, shampoo/cut/blow style, 30 minute gotta-go facial, 30 minute mini make-up application & lesson. And they have bonus offer, too! Check it out here: SDSpa. What a great gift for you…from your sweetie?!?
2. Erin at Blue-Eyed Bride is having a giveaway just in time for Heart Day that would be just perfect for your sweetie…from you. She’s giving away a cute Hanky Panky gift set are sure to make your Valentine’s Day that much sweeter. If’ you’d like to be entered, visit her post and leave a comment.
3. If you want to have a dinner out and not spend lots of bucks, and you’re not really wanting to do the whole dinner-on-the-14th-thing, then I suggest that you head on over to Dianne’s on Devine. According to The Shop Tart, they are running a month-long three-course dinner special for only $19.99/person. It’s not valid on the 13th or 14th, but if you want dinner on say the 12th or the 15th then you’re golden. See The Shop Tart’s post for the coupon and printing instructions. Wouldn’t this be a nice treat for both of you?
4. Tombo Grille is offering a special 5-course dinner for only $45.00/person on Valentine’s Day. The price includes taxes, gratuity, and alcohol! It appears that the menu will include: strawberry salad, tuna tartare, seared sea scallops, tiramisu and more. Sounds yummy? How about take your sweetie out to dinner and have her serenaded by the one and only Billy Sloan. Shoot them an email to get on the list: firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. If you want to go out for a nice event and give back, I’d suggest hitting up the Harvest Hope Food Bank Empty Bowls benefit at the Convention Center on Friday, February 13th. The night includes a sit down dinner and both a silent and live auctions featuring local artists and much more – all to benefit a very worthy cause. For more information or for tickets, contact Brandy Smoak at 803.254.4432 x 132. Tickets are $50.00/person or $90.00/couple. We’ll see you there!
6. If you want to send your sweetie something a bit more untraditional than flowers, try an arrangement from either Edible Arrangements or Cookies by Design. Both have locations here in the Midlands and can deliver deliciously sweet treats in no time flat. I’ve had arrangements from both, and believe me when I say that you can’t go wrong! Flowers & cookies, or chocolate covered strawberry flowers…
Whatever way you go, make sure you tell your sweetie just how much you love him or her, and have a very Happy Valentine’s Day!