Mama has this great journal that she uses every night to jot down 5 things from her day for which she is thankful. I always thought it was a great concept but I never really thought I’d have the discipline to do such a thing. Well, in the spirit of trying new routines this year, I think I’ll try a virtual simple abundance journal. I know that I’m a bit late in starting for the year so I’ll have to play catch up for the next few days, but it’s worth a try…and it’s never too late to get started, right?
1. Marty’s weekly check-ins with me. She’s such a great blessing from God and I’m so thankful that she’s willing to take the time to check in with me and pray for me each week.
2. Lunch with Mason. It may only be one hour, but it’s one hour of my day which I greatly enjoy. I love the man so much and just can’t get enough of him! And I’m equally thankful that he enjoys the lunch hours with me, too. Even if it is just shoving down turkey sandwiches while we run last-minute errands…
3. That we still have our Christmas decorations up!Yep, we still have them up. We were waiting until Epiphany to take them down, but then last night (the 12th day of Christmas) I was a blob on the couch after a killer body shaping class and Mason was gone for band practice, so we didn’t take them down. And they probably will remain up unil we get home from class on Saturday afternoon and have time to take them down. Gots stuff to do these next few nights. And who doesn’t love a beautiful Christmas tree??
4. Being sore from my killer body shaping class yesterday. Okay, well really not the sore part, but that I went to my FABULOUS studio and took a killer class yesterday.
5. bodyFIT in general.God is doing amazing things through the ministry of Nancy Tucker at bodyFIT of Columbia. Nancy is the owner of the studio and she has an incredible ministry to all of the women (and men) that are members/clients at her studio. We recently relocated to Rosewood Drive into a beautifully renovated studio building that is bright and big and cheerful. Everything about the studio makes me happy to be a client and so blessed to be a recipient of the love Nancy pours into us through her ministry.
6. My Job. Okay, I have to admit that I was not even close to excited about coming back to work after the holidays – I really don’t like to work in a traditional 9-5 type job – but I love my office and the people I work with. Once again God has put me where I need to be when I need to be there. Everyone is so supportive of me while I’m still learning, and they are equally as supportive of me in my seminary work and ministry at the church. They encourage me right along and don’t mind if I’m off from work for a conference, class or retreat for church. And, I’m beyond words thankful and blessed that Mason and I both have our jobs and have job security. Thank you, God.
7. Mama. I know that she’s going to read this, so I thought I’d take a second to remind her just how much I love her and how thankful I am for her. I truly enjoy my life with her, and I am thankful that she cares about me enough to share her concerns for me with me. And I’m so glad that she prays for me, often and fervently.
Wow, I’m feeling overwhelmed by all of my blessings. Now I see why this journaling thing works for people…